10 Sep Visiting the Library
Re-opening the Library: Tuesday, September 8, 2020
We are now open Monday through Saturday 9 am to 5 pm.
Here are the following guidelines we have developed to help patrons and staff stay well during visits and work at the Delray Beach Public Library.
• All library items being returned need to be deposited in the Book Drop on the parking lot side of the Library. All returned items are quarantined for 72 hours then returned to the shelves.
• Everyone must wear a mask in the Library as ordered by the County of Palm Beach.
• Everyone must maintain at least a six feet social distance with staff and other visitors.
• All visitors must check into the welcome desk in the lobby facing the parking lot. Visitors will be asked to wear a mask (and will be provided with one if they are not wearing one) and clean their hands with disinfectant provided. Each visitor will receive a label to wear with their initials and the time they are asked to leave the Library after a maximum stay of two hours.
• A maximum of 40 people will be allowed into the Library at one time.
• People wishing to browse the book shelves must let staff know and they will be provided with a pair of plastic gloves to wear while in the stacks. Gloves must be discarded once browsing is finished.
• Public computers are available for two hours at a time. Staff clean the computer workstations after each use.
• Temporary virtual cards are available. The registration form is available on the home page website www.delraylibrary.org. You will be contacted with your library card number within 24 hours.
• If you cannot come into the Library but want to pick up books and other materials, please let us know when we contact about your items ready to be picked up and we will bring them to your car. You will need to provide the make, model and color of your car. We ask you open the trunk of your vehicle and we will put the items in there.
• Cleaning of the building during the day is carried out by staff. The contractual cleaning service will thoroughly clean the building every day the Library is open.
• No programs will take place in the Library. All programs are virtual. Programs are listed on the website and are featured on social media.
• To minimize exposure to COVID-19, staff are working in library/from home on a rotational schedule.
• Honoring privacy requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
(HIPAA), the identification of any employee who tests positive will not be shared with the public. However, this employee will notify the Library administration who will inform the rest of the employees. If that employee has been in contact with other employees, then the Board will make the decision as to whether the building will be closed for a period of quarantine. All employees will have to be tested negative for COVID-19 in order to return to work.
• For information about library services please consult the website: www.delraylibrary.org and social media.